I'm stealing this one from a friend, who shall remain blameless! She did this the other day to help her, as she put it, "out of a funky rut." Boy, do I know and appreciate that feeling. Sounds like a groovy 80s song, too, doesn't it? Funky Rut. Hm. Maybe not.
Okay, so today's top ten happy places and happy thoughts for happy people.
10. My grandfather. When we were kids (hell, even when we were adults), he'd pull our hair, twinkle his eyes and say, "Are you hoppy, hoppy, mugwump?" Of course, being kids, we'd roll our eyes and say, "Yes, Grandpa. I'm happy." I miss him and wish he was here to ask me if I'm hoppy.
9. I have a pok'corn popper that I pop my pok'corn in. One of my favorite sounds is the "voice of popcorn," as my Finnish roommate once said. That always makes me happy.
8. Tonight, I can stay up as late as I like and do all the crossword puzzles I want.
7. I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow and boy do I need it. Just the thought of hacking off all this hair makes me happy.
6. Sleeping in a bed with flannel sheets and a toasty, roasty down comforter can be happy thing on a cold night.
5. Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens... Oh. Sorry. Um, Julie Andrews makes me happy...?
4. I'm going out for pumpkin pancakes at IHOP tonight with Bee. Yum!
3. I get to post another blog entry. Woo hoo!
2. Being up early this morning and watching the sunrise. I like the early quiet of dawn.
1. And the happiest of all happy happiness: It's Friday! Thank God!