Monday, October 27, 2008

Obama's Unifying Speech

While John McCain and Sarah Palin continue to beat the tom-tom of division and patronize us by telling us some parts of America are more real and patriotic than others, Barack Obama tells us we are not blue America or red America, patriotic America and unpatriotic America, but the United States of America.

Here is his speech in Canton, Ohio. Every American should watch this and ask themselves, do they really believe their neighbor who disagrees with them is unAmerican? Do you really? I don't. I don't believe in or want to be a part of the kind of America Mr. McCain and Ms. Palin claim we are. I live in, believe in, and want to continue being a part of the kind of America Mr. Obama so richly believes in and is invested in.



A shout out to Adriana who left a link to this speech in an earlier comment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gosh, every time I hear him speak my heart goes pitty-pat. He is not just an incredible rhetorician; he's also visionary.

-Phoebe

(and cute)

foundinidaho said...

Yes we can.

(I agree with Phoebe, except I would term him as hot. A good thing in a President, when combined with intelligence, common sense and a great wife.)

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Phoebe: He is inspiring, that's for sure! (And yes, he is quite good looking.)


FII: I'm hoping intelligence, common sense, a great wife, and good looks win out next week over flash-in-the-pan repackaging, business-as-usual, a junkie wife, and a cheerleader for a running mate. Good Lord, but we can't afford the latter.

lacochran said...

He certainly makes a lot of sense to me. I only hope the rest of America sees it the same way. I've been disappointed before but I do want to be hopeful and believe Yes We Can.