As we prepare to vote tomorrow, be aware that those who would thwart our democratic election process (and I'm not talking terrorists here) are pulling some of the dirtiest tricks possible. The Associated Press is reporting some really crappy stuff going on across the nation. Don't let your vote be stolen. Here is 'Tis the Season for Tricking, Confusing Voters.
The writer of the blog The 42 Bus provides some excellent information about voting in the District and knowing your rights. If you don't know where you're supposed to vote, follow the link listed in the video I posted earlier today or read 42's entries on voting in D.C. Of particular note, please, please, please read his article DC Vote II: Don't Wear Your Buttons and Other Rules. It's the other rules that I want to highlight. Again, don't let someone rob you of your right to vote!
Finally, here are five reasons to vote:
1. If you don't, you can't complain.
2. It isn't just about the next four years, it's about our posterity and what we pass to them.
3. In the event of a presidential death, you're picking who will step up in their place. Choose wisely.
4. At the end of the day, even though it comes down to electoral votes, your vote does count. It does matter.
5. It's your democratic right, and it's a privilege. Period.