Friday, November 20, 2009

A Christmas Carol USPS Style

Modestes : Museum of the International Red Cross/Red Crescent : Geneva, CH

As if the Grinch and Scrooge weren't bad enough, now the USPS is killing the spirit for thousands of kids. Yeah, okay, I know, you found a pedophile writing to kids. Not cool. But that doesn't mean you should shut down the entire program. Boot the pervert and move on, but don't take the magic of Christmas and Santa Claus with you. Sheesh.

Tomorrow is the first of three--count 'em, THREE--Thanksgiving events we're going to participate in. Can we say "gluttony," boys and girls? Tomorrow's early Thanksgiving is in France and features $200 turkey. I'm going to attempt to make crescent rolls and mash potatoes for 20. I have neither baking sheets and cooling racks nor pots and pans big enough for such a project, but I'm going to make the best of it and try not to think about the fact that all of my cooking equipment is gathering dust in my cottage in Washington State. Wish me luck!

Happy (Photo) Friday, folks!

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential, 11/09

No comments: