Monday, November 23, 2009

I Spy...

One of the cool things about modern technology are web cams. I have several I look at at any given time. San Francisco, Calif., Green River, Wyo., Geneva, Switz., Seattle, Wash. The one I look at most frequently is one from the National Park Service looking across the Potomac River east toward the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, and the Capitol.

So, the other day, I clicked on my link for the D.C. web cam and this is what came up:


For a moment there, I thought, "Good Lord! Has Washington finally been obliterated?! Has the Potomac finally been overtaken by global warming and it's oozing algae and burying the Capital City? If I call home, will I get a busy signal?"

Eventually I calmed down.

That is all.

3 comments:

Maya said...

It was slimed!

Gilahi said...

I really wanted to make a Green Day joke about this, but it wouldn't come together for me.

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Maya: Well, that would be an improvement over what politicians have done.

Gilahi: I hear you. I was trying to go in that vein, too, but it just wasn't happening.