Friday, October 22, 2010

Photo Friday: Columbus Day in Spain

Yes, you're seeing correctly. This is a new post on The Chronicles of Tewkesbury. I do still live and breathe, contrary to popular belief. For those out of the loop, I moved away from Washington, D.C., in April 2009 to live in Langley, Washington, just north of Seattle. Before I arrived at my new home, I was offered a short-term, 45-day gig at an international organization in Geneva, Switzerland.

Fast forward to today and I'm still in Europe and loving it here!

I want to get back into the groove of writing by way of blogging, so I thought I'd start with something easy like Photo Friday. A week and a half ago, my partner Maya and I were in Madrid on Columbus Day weekend. Turns out the Spaniards celebrate Columbus Day, too. This gentlemen and his compatriots were playing mariachi music in the Puerta del Sol and I snapped his photo.

Mariachi : Puerta del Sol : Madrid, ES

Happy (Photo) Friday everyone!

Photo copyright: Janet M Kincaid, 10/10

5 comments:

Gilahi said...

Hey! Welcome back!

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Hi, G! Thanks! How are you doing?

Gilahi said...

Very well, thanks. And you?

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

No bad. I'm getting over a bout with the flu. Other than that, life is good. Or, as my boss continually says, "I'm living in the center of Europe and I'm having fun!"

Kamran said...

This is the true POWER of the STIFORP tools. The challenge with so many home based business opportunities is that other than a corporate replicated website, many companies really don't have much of an