Thursday, October 25, 2007
Ten Minute Thoughts
Only ten minutes left in my lunch hour. Here are five thoughts:
1. It's rainy and overcast and cold here today. I love that, because it reminds me of winter in the Bay Area.
2. Taking a day off in the middle of the week is a special treat and when it involves a walk on the C&O Canal in the rain, it's even better.
3. Last night, I saw Into the Wild with Bee and a friend. I'm sorry that kid died, but what a selfish little prick. And boy could that film use some editing. Way too long. I think I need to read the book.
4. I just finished reading Open Secrets about Stella Rimington, the first woman director of Britain's MI5. Fascinating book. Not as revealing as I'd like, but interesting nonetheless given the ground this woman broke. There's also a fabulous quote in there about leadership that was thought-provoking and I'll post later.
5. I love getting packages in the mail. A shout out to my friend, Aitch Em, for the arrival of her fabulous book by Richard Attenborough--the title of which completely escapes me at the moment. As it's at home and I'm not, I'll have to post it later.
That wraps up my quick thoughts in ten minutes. Enjoy the picture. I took it yesterday at Wide Water Gap on the C&O Canal. It's the same shot as my blog header, only in the fall. The one in my header was taken this spring. To see a couple more pictures, go here.
Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential.