Sunday, November 25, 2007

Friends

Had brunch with two of the Scary Feminists yesterday. The original plan was to end up at the Eastern Market, but the line was almost out the door. Instead we ate at Tunnicliffs; not the greatest food in the world, but filling and warm, which is all that matters on a bright, fall day in Washington.

Here's a picture.

Left to right: Tickle the Pear, J.M. Tewkesbury, Adriana of What I Made for Dinner and Just Jasper

It's always so fun to get together with the women who comprise our august group--The Scary Feminists from Hell (there's a story there, but I won't go into it here.) We live--and have worked--all over the map from western Europe to the West Coast, the southwestern U.S. to eastern Africa. Of the nine of us, four of us live on the East Coast. We do everything from staying at home with our kids to working in international development, from crafting energy policy to working in university settings. Some of us are married, while others are single. A few of us have kids and some of us have cats. The thread that runs in common through all of us is our shared religious experience and even there we represent a wide spectrum of diversity.

Bottom line: I think we're a pretty kick ass group of women! And any chance to get together is always a warm and welcome one. Love you gals!

****

And on a different and wholly unrelated note, I think I blew it as a participant in this year's NaBloPoMo. I got my date and timestamps screwed up and posted twice on Thursday. I've fixed everything, but I think I'm disqualified. Oh well. Darn. It's not like this year's participation has been stellar or notable.

Still, I'm going to try to post once a day for the rest of the month. I mean, there's only five days left. It would be a shame to quit now, right?

Bleh.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Naw -- don't quit now. I'm enjoying my daily dose of Tewksbury.

- Phoebe

Anonymous said...

Nice picture...sniffle. :-)

NG said...

Sounds like an awesome group to be part of!

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Phoebe: I'll keep trying...

Di: Wish you'd been there!

NG: It is a great group! I'll have to rope you in one day.

Mary Ellen said...

Awwww, so fun to see y'all together! Sounds like you had a fun time. Love A's hair, BTW.

We gotta do a Scary Feminists Thanksgiving or Fall Feast or something.

Anonymous said...

Yay--so lovely to see your bright shining faces!

I think Washington really is our best bet for getting the most of us together--let's do it!

Sister Mary Lisa said...

The name Scary Feminists from Hell is classic. Love it. Nice photo too.

Anonymous said...

This is indeed a fantastic group of women -- I'm not worthy to be in their midst, but I try.

Sylvia, Janet, it was great to see you!

XO,
A

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

ME: It was a fun day. I even enjoyed the Air & Space Museum!

JA: We should definitely do a SFFH T-day out here! Of course, who knows. By this time next year, we could be living in Boston or Seattle or Portland or Denver or Albuquerque. Who knows...

SML: It's a fabulous group!

AV: You're an integral part of what makes our group so fantastic. So there!