I've mentioned before that Bee is a fount of amazing facts and trivia, so last night I quizzed her randomly. Here are the results. See how many of these you know the answers to.
1. Of the seven continents, which has the greatest number of independent countries?
2. Name the only two field goal kickers in NFL history to kick the longest field goals. Bonus question: How far did they kick the ball? Bonus question, too: What makes the field goal of one of these kickers especially extraordinary?
3. In reference to software, where did the term "bug" originate?
4. Name the only U.S. president to be a bachelor and the only U.S. president to be both president and a Supreme Court justice.
5. What star of the Carol Burnett Show had a hit pop song in the 1970s? Bonus question: Name the song.
6. Name at least three cities in California that were once the capital of the state.
7. What popular author of children's books also wrote a mystery for adults?
8. Name the only NFL team that is owned by shareholders and not a corporation or bajillionaire.
9. During the casting of Gone with the Wind, author Margaret Mitchell wanted to cast who as Rhett Butler? Bonus question: What was the original working title of Gone with the Wind?
10. What Ohio native entered the army in the Civil War as a lieutenant colonel, was later elected president, and died as commander-in-chief?
Name three famous people who died on November 22, 1963.
To see the answers, click on the comments link.