Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Labels. Or How I Seem to Have Missed the Point of Effective Tagging.

Day Three and I'm still blogging. Hi. My name is Jay and I'm still blogging...

In pursuit of all things blogginess, I decided to glance through my labels for this blog. Having done that, I then decided to click on a few of them and read a bit of my past writing. Sometimes, that's a good idea and sometimes, it's not. But that's not my point. The point is, I decided to glance through my labels for this blog and I discovered that my labels are useless in a Google search. Then I decided that was okay, because for the most part some of my labels rock. They aren't as good as the labels my friend Mary Ellen writes, though. I think I may outsource my labeling to her.

Having reviewed my labels, I offer you this ginormous cloud with some of my favorite labels. (Totally egotistical and self-absorbed? Yes. Totally lazy and a lameass excuse for not writing more? Yes. Totally new twist on a meme? Sure.) Some of the writing is better than most. In fact, I have to say, I'm especially proud of my coverage of the 2008 Presidential Campaign and I love many of the pieces I wrote as a result of noodling my navel while commuting.

40x40A Few Kind Words… Ach Du Lieber… All Things Apple… All Things Books and Music… All Things Food and Cooking… All Things Green… All Things Movies and TV… America the Beautiful… And So This Is ChristmasAround the House… Around Town… Being Annoyingly Proud of Myself… Blogging and In the BIN… BumbleBees… Can't Sleep Count Sheep… Confession is Good for the Soul… Consumerism-The Second Great American Pasttime… Contributing to the Greater BlognessCreeping Self-Doubt… Crimes Against Humanity… DBC… Democracy and PoliticsDestroying My Faith in Humanity… Dirty Bastard Cat… Do Unto Others… Eating-The Great American Pasttime… Elsewhere On the Map… Ensuring Domestic Tranquility… Equality is the American Way… Expanding My Ego... Facebook …Family and Friends… Family-You CAN Live without Them… Fellow Writers… Figuring Out How to Stay on this Bloody Rollercoaster… Following Up on an Excellent Point… Forward Motion… Frieda Belle Calico… Fuck Fuck Fuckity Fuck… Funny Ha HaGainful Employment… Get Out the Vote… Getting Back on the Horse… Getting Dotty in my Dotage… Getting PersonalGrateful… Happy Hour… Having My SayHelp Wanted… Holding Patterns… Holly in My Heart… How Sweet It Is… I Am So Over This Already… In the Neighborhood… Inauguration… Inconsiderate Behavior Pisses Me Off… Introductions… Island Living… JibJab… Können Sie Deutsch? … Left Coast… Lest We Forget… Living in Europe… Logos… Making a Difference… McCain-Palin Watch 2008Meeting New People is Neat… Meme… Musings On Sleepless Nights… My Favorite Things… NaBloPoMo… New and Improved or SSDD? … Noodle Noodling… Obama… Obamapalooza… Officially Approved Holiday Greetings… On the Road… One-upsmanship Always Finds a Way… Out in the Real World… Palin Watch 2012… Parle Vous What… Peeling Away the Layers… People Watching… Photo FridayPhotography… Places I've Been… Postcards… Presidential… Prop H8… Putting the Fun Back in ChurchRachel Maddow is Goddess… Random Nothingness… Ranting as Only I Can… Rated-G… Rated-PG… Rated-R… Reading StatCounter… Religion and Society… Remembering 9-11… Republicans… Rest in Peace… Restoring My Faith in Humanity… Robert Kirby Rocks… ROTFLMAO… Running Away… Saving the Tatas One Squishification At a Time… Send Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld to the Hague… SFFH… Shooting Off My CameraSick and Wrong… Signs of Intelligent Life… Something for Everyone… Squeezing the Charmin… Starting Over---Again… Stop with the Hateful Rhetoric… Stroll Down Questionable Memory Lane… Stupid Tourists… Switzerland… TGIF… Seriously… The Gays… The Good Die Young… The Hamsters in My Head Are UnionizingThe Other Washington… Things That Make Me Peckish… Things that Make Me Peevish… Thoughts While I CommuteToo Much of a Good Thing… Travel… Traveling in the States… Trippy Dippy Family… Trying Not to be Miz-Ruh-Bull… Visiting the States… Viva la France… War Crimes… When Bloggers Meet… Where is the Rum? Why is the Rum Gone? … Whirled Peas… Wow… WTF?… Yes We CanYes We Can-Yes We Did-Yes We Will… You Had To Be There… YouTube…

The Fall

Photo copyright: D.C. Confidential

5 comments:

Maya said...

I've barely looked at my label cloud. Maybe I should...

lacochran said...

*loudly* Hi, J!

What? We're not doing that?

Oh.

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Maya: Maybe...

LA: HI LA! Oh, wait... We're not doing that? Are we? I'm so confused.

Mary Ellen said...

Is there any $$ in outsourcing labels to me? I'm looking for a less stressful job. I'm good with headlines, too, and once won a $100 in a slogan contest at work.

I shudder to think what's in my label cloud, ranting as I am wont to do.

Cele said...

woo hooo it's so nice to see you back in blogdom on a regular (hey three days in a row count) basis.