Saturday, October 6, 2007

A Meme in Five Parts: Act V

And here is the final installment of the 49 question meme in five parts. I've added a 50th question, just to even it all out.

41. Last person you went out to dinner with?
Bee.

42. What are you listening to right now?
Silence. The sound of the ventilation system. Me, sniffling. The wheels in my head spinning...

43. What is your favorite color?
Depends on my mood. I have a lot of blue, but I also like green and purple and red. Oh and yellow. Sometimes I like yellow, too. Oh hell, just give me the whole damn Crayola™ box, would ya!

44. How many tattoos do you have?
Zippo. Zero. Zilch. Nada. None. But I do have a rather peculiar birthmark on my left leg.

45. How many people are you sending this meme to?
None, but you’re all welcome to play, if you wish.

46. Favorite magazine(s)?
Cook’s Illustrated, The New Yorker (though I haven't read a copy in years, I'm ashamed to admit), and National Geographic.

47. What time did you finish this meme?
Which time? 11:02 PM, 9:00 AM, 8:51 AM, 10:23 AM, and 12:07 AM.

48. How old were you when you got married?
This is definitely a trick question, right?

49. How old do you want your kids to be when they get married?
I don’t have kids, so I’m not worried about that.

50. Sudoku, Scrabble, or the NYTimes Crossword?
Recently, the Times crosswords. But I go back and forth between the three.

And, as a final bonus question to wrap up this marvelous meme:

When it comes to television, name the one show of which you've never watched an entire episode.
Seinfeld. And I'm quite proud of that.

Well, folks, there you have it! A meme in five parts. It's been real and it's been fun... My mother thanks you, my father thanks you, the cat thanks you, and I thank you...

Stay tuned for next weekend's meme when I post questions from citizenship exams from around the globe.

9 comments:

Cele said...

ha ha I have never watched a full episode of Seinfeld either, I just don't get it.

Suduko, then the Times

I love your list.

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Cele: At last! I'm so glad I'm not alone in this. Wow. I just don't think Jerry Seinfeld is that funny and the rest of the characters just seem to be a bunch of whiny boobs. I don't know... I just didn't see the appeal at all. Ever.

It's so nice to have that off my chest and someone to share it with.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Seinfeld: Only one of the funniest shows ever! I watch them all on DVD now.

Sudoku - this is something that just got popular over the past few years, right? I had never even heard of it till last year, when my mother was doing them by the boat load.

Seinfeld: GOOD.

Hmph.

Elaine Denning said...

LMAO at #48!

I've never watched Seinfeld either. I'm glad you think I haven't missed anything, because some people I know would disagree with us.

I love Sudoku, and I'm actually quite good. Keeps the old brain active!

Mary Ellen said...

I like Seinfield. It's SpongeBob I don't get.

I don't enjoy Sudoku as much as a good crossword puzzle. The LA Times increases the crosswords' difficulty each day and my mom would ask for help toward the end of the week.

ME

Anonymous said...

I like Seinfeld, really like Spongebob, and love Arrested Development (the only one of the three I've bothered to watch in its entirety on DVD). I think it's time for Number One son to develop a Spongebob habit--something to break the SportsCenter monotony. ;)

I do the NYTimes crossword every single day. I do the Sudoku M-Th, but Mavis has dibsed F-Sat. I do the Sudoku Monster on Sunday, but have only ever completed one four-star puzzle (two-stars I can usually finish before church, and three-stars before bed).

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Di: I wish I liked Seinfeld.

No wait. I don't. I'm fine with it. But I'm glad other people like it.

Ms. U: Ha. I wish I could laugh about #48. I suppose I should move to Canada or the Netherlands or Massachusetts. Then it wouldn't be a trick question.

I'll bet you totally rock at Sudoku!

ME: I need to give the LA Times crossword a chance. The NYT does the same thing: Monday is easy, Saturday is the hardest (contrary to popular myth. It's not the Sunday one that's the most difficult.)

JA: Arrested Development is brilliant! It's too bad it was so short lived. I wonder if Seinfeld would be funny to me if I'd lived in NYC for a stint? I honestly do not get it...

hm-uk said...

I love Seinfeld, SpongeBob and other absurd humour.

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

HM: I enjoy absurd humour, too, but I still don't get Seinfeld... I keep thinking, I'll watch a whole episode just so I can see what all the hype is about, but now it's becoming a point of pride that I've never seen an entire episode and I'm not sure I want to concede.