Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gmail. Or, I've Finally Entered the 21st Century.

For years, I've used AOL as my primary email provider. Today, I'm pleased to announce, I have entered the 21st century and have officially signed up with Gmail.

Okay, okay. That's not entirely true. I signed up for Gmail more than a year ago. But I don't like my username, the account is a cesspool of spam, and since I didn't have it downloading into Entourage (Outlook for Mac), I didn't really bother.

Today, however, I created an account using my name and I'm now hooked into iGoogle, which includes a calendar feature for tracking all of our social engagements. Woo hoo and yippee!

I'm going to test drive Gmail in Entourage for a week or two and see what I think. If I like it and it isn't too spammy, I'll keep it. If it spams me to distraction, we'll forget any of this ever happened and I'll go to trusty, musty AOL.

And that concludes this blog entry, which is totally lame. Unfortunately, I'm tired and I'm going to bed.

Good night!

3 comments:

lacochran said...

I've had a Hotmail account forEVER and a Gmail account for a few years and Gmail is almost spam-free for me while Hotmail is the king of spam (10-20 spam/day).

Maya said...

So glad! Now we can check the calendar from anywhere! Well, anywhere with an internet connection that is...

Cele said...

I've never tried Gmail, I have MSN but that is pretty much the same as a Hotmail account.